Our year 6 leaders camp will be held at the Wairarapa Outdoor Pursuits Centre on Monday 30th November – Friday 4th December 2020.
We discuss information about the camp at our year 6 meeting and parent information sessions. The minutes of these meetings can be found in our Y6 meetings blogposts. It is important that you read this information.
Camp payments for Year 6 students going to camp are due by Thursday 26 November. Please contact the school office if you have any questions about how much money your child has raised through 50 cent stalls, work club jobs and other fundraising they have done.
Year 6 Camp Timetable 2020
Times and activities could change due to weather
Monday 30th November
Bus to Upper Hutt train station
Leave on train at Upper Hutt train station
Climbing Wall + High and Low Ropes – Stay at Ararangi Camp
Beach day at Castlepoint + rafting and surfing – Stay at Ararangi Camp
Day Tramp at Mount Holdsworth – Stay at Mount Holdsworth
Caving and flying fox – Stay at Mount Holdsworth
Swimming and bowling in Masterton
Leave on the train at Masterton train station
Bus to Koraunui School
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A YEAR SIX
What qualities do you need to demonstrate this year?
A person who …….
- is a role model to the younger children, showing them how to self-manage.
- is a leader in situations where others need support and guidance.
- is taking responsibility for his/her learning and allowing others to learn also.
- strives for quality.
- is prepared to do the hard stuff to reach a goal.
- is able to do things confidently and independently, without waiting for others to ‘do for’ them.
- Uses connecting skills to solve problems, and stay within the school rules, uses their KORAU values
- is prepared to commit to patrols, and to find a reliever if you are not available (with the exception of days when home sick!).
At the end of each term, you will all meet and carry out a self-assessment. These check duties carried out, arrival to school on time and e-Taps. (All these areas are evidence based.) This will be taken home to share with parents and may result in a discussion to set goals for the following term.
At the end of each term there is a trip for Year Sixes. Invitations to attend this trip depend on the leadership you have demonstrated during the term, as stated above. Classmates have the opportunity to voice their opinion of this, which is taken into account by the teacher. At the end of the year there is a ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ and you will get home very, very late!
The right to be considered a leader at Koraunui School is something that is earned by your actions and attitude, not simply by the fact that your age makes you a Year Six leader!