Year Six Camp 2021
Kia ora parents and caregivers,
Year Six Camp for 2021 has changed. Instead of it being held at Wairarapa Outdoor Pursuits Centre as previously stated, Year Six Camp will now be held at Makahika Outdoor Pursuits Centre in Levin. Because of this, the dates for this have had to change. The new dates for camp will be Tuesday 9th November to Friday 12th November. We understand the change of dates is an inconvenience, but it is out of our control. We hope those parents who are planning on attending can still do so.
Pricing will still be $450.00 per child and will be $150.00 per adult or $37.50 per day depending on how many days you are coming for. The camp is fully catered, and qualified instructors will be provided to run the activities day to day.
More information regarding Makahika Outdoor Pursuits Centre can be found at https://www.makahika.co.nz/.
We will be having a Year Six Camp Hui for parents on Thursday 21st October at 5.30pm. This will be a chance to share more information regarding camp and for you to ask questions regarding camp this year. If we are still at Alert Level 2 we will require masks to be worn by all attending and Alert Level 2 guidelines to be followed.
We thank you for you continued support and look forward to seeing you all at the hui on Thursday 21st of October.
The Senior Team
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT LIST
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT LIST
(Alter the quantities depending on the number of days you are at camp)
Tuesday 9th November: Arrive at school at 8.30am outside Room 15 to be on the bus by 9.00am.
- Long trousers
- Enclosed shoes
- Warm jersey
In a day pack have:
- Plenty to eat and drink for morning tea and lunch
- Jandals or sandals
- Togs and towel
- Underwear to change into later
- Wet weather jacket (waterproof)
- Sun hat and a woolly hat
- Sun block that suits your skin
- An icecream container of home baking to share at camp. Hand this to Mr G when you arrive.
- Any lollies that you are bringing to share. Hand to Mr G when you arrive.
- Any medication required at camp. Hand this to Mrs C when you arrive.
Your luggage to put on the trailer to go over to camp while you are on the bus:
- Four days’ worth of underwear (underpants, singlets, socks)
- Several changes of both light and warm clothing…old gear, it’s going to get dirty.
- Warm pyjamas
- Another towel
- Warm sleeping bag, blankets, pillow, pillowcase
- Sleeping mat
- Toiletries: Toothbrush and paste, hair shampoo, soap, facecloth
- Insect repellent (optional but advised)
- Small games: Cards etc (NO electronic gear)
- Non-breakable eating utensils: plate, bowl, mug, knife, fork, spoon, tea-towel
- A suitable bag to put eating equipment in.
Leave camp on Friday at 3.00pm to be back ta be back to Kura by 4.30pm(ish)