Kia ora koutou
Planning and Organization for Re-entry to Alert Level 2
As you will all be aware, the Government announced that All of New Zealand outside of Auckland will move back into Alert Level 2 for the next 3 days. For us this means we will be reintroducing the Alert Level 2 processes around the school during this time, or until we are advised these are no longer required.
All children are expected to attend school unless they are unwell.
Please read the processes below carefully so you are aware of how we will be operating during Alert Level 2.
We thank you again for your support with helping keep our school a safe place for all who enter it.
Start of Day Drop off
- All children are to come in through the front gate in the morning. All other gates will be locked during the day. We are asking all parent to remain outside the school gates.
- Any adult or family member who NEEDS to come on site must register using either the COVID-19 Register and QR code provided or on the paper register. The COVID-19 register can be downloaded at https://covidregister.nz. This is for contact tracing purposes. All information will be held at the school.
- Any children arriving at school between 8.30-9.00am will need to go straight to their classroom. Any children arriving after 9.00am will need to check in at the office.
End of Day Pick-up
- At the end of the day we will have three pick-up points to avoid congestion and to help us manage distancing at school. Pick up for family groupings - the oldest child to collect siblings and then go to the youngest child’s collection point.
- Main School Gate: Kowhai Block – Rooms 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Montgomery Street “Matt’s Gate” – Rooms 12, 13, 14 & 15
- Hall Entrance Gate – Rooms 23, 4 & 5
A teacher will be on the gate – 10 minutes before school finishes to help manage children leaving the school grounds.
ALL OTHER GATES AROUND SCHOOL WILL BE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
Sick children are to stay at home – if they have a sniffle, headache, cough or feeling slightly unwell children need to remain at home.
If children display any signs of illness at school, we will put a face mask on them, put them in the medical room and contact parents/caregivers to come and pick them up.
- classrooms will be arranged to cater for Moist Breath Zone distancing. We will do all we can to provide spaces and environments where children have appropriate space in classrooms and in the school grounds.
- all classrooms will be supplied with disinfectant, bars of soap, liquid soap, hand sanitizer and towels.
- we will follow the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health guidelines around distancing, using the “Moist Breath Zone” rule for distancing. A video has been produced for children coming back to school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvtoVrykb8&feature=youtu.be Please show this to your children and talk with them about keeping distance to help everyone stay well.
Morning Tea & Lunch breaks – children will eat at their desks/tables inside their classrooms – 10 minutes morning tea, 15 minutes at lunch time.
Drinking fountains – these will remain closed while we are in Alert Level 2. Children are to bring named water bottles to school.
THERE IS TO BE NO SHARING OF FOOD OR DRINKS AT SCHOOL.
Ngā mihi nui
The staff of Koraunui School miss you so very much and wanted to share this message with you.
Students and parents can email their teachers for help, to answer any questions or for any support they may require with their learning between 9.00am-12.00pm and 1.00pm-2.00pm. Teachers will endeavor to stay in regular contact with their students.
Pupils can use their own school email account. Both the email account and Teams will require your school email address and password. The emails below can be accessed by both the kids or the parents. Use these email addresses to contact your teachers if you do not know your school email address or password.Teams
|Room 23||...||Maria Joe||Room 23|
|Room 4||Dale Ritossa||Room 4|
|Room 5||Beth Jones||Room 56|
|Room 8||Sharron Handscomb||Te Ruma 8|
|Room 9||Teresa Kenny||Te Ruma 9|
|Room 10||Harata Biddle||Te Ruma 10|
|Room 11||Kataraina Karehana||Te Ruma 11|
|Room 12||Dianne Christenson||Room 1213|
|Room 13||Tim Rhoades||Room 1213|
|Room 14||Craig Gilmour||Room 14|
|Room 15||Liz Raimona||Room 15|
It is important to remember that learning can come in many shapes and forms and learning from home provides an opportunity for children to apply what they already know to everyday settings and situations.
We love to show examples of your work on our website so keep posting pictures to Facebook or upload it to Teams. Digital copies of your childs work can be saved into Microsoft teams with your childs school email address and password. Even offline work can be photographed or filmed and uploaded. If you don't know your email address or password please contact your teacher.
Information on our online learning platform and general I.C.T instructions and information can be found on our Information Technology Pages.
We are very grateful to everyone who has helped to provide and deliver craft activity supplies to our families.
Here are some examples of the work and activities people have been doing during the holidaysLearning activities people are doing
Home Learning | Papa Kāinga TV is free to air, on TVNZ channel 2+1 and on TVNZ on Demand, as well as on Sky Channel 502, running from 9am to 3pm on schooldays with programming for children and young people aged 2 to 15, as well as for parents.
Māori Television broadcasts te reo educational programmes (for ages 0 to 18) from 9am to 3pm on schooldays.
Missed something you were supposed to watch for class or just want to watch something else? try these sites to see if it is available on demand.
We will work on establishing on-line learning and communication for families who can access this while the school is closed. As we finalise what this looks like, we will provide information about what this includes and how to access on-line learning. We are able to provide paper learning packs for those without internet access. Please keep an eye for emails about this in coming days.
Please contact your teacher if you do not know your school email address or password.
These are some of the most commonly used sites for our school,
(choose login with Microsoft)
|Te Ruma 8||Our School Library site is great to see what books we have on offer|
|Te Ruma 9|
|Te Ruma 10||Seesaw is used by the junior school|
|Te Ruma 11|
|Room 1213||Office.com will get you to our other apps|
|Room 15 login page||Room 15||Student Email can be accessed here|
|MOE learning from home website|
Access more information on how to use our school Apps and websites
Here is some ideas to help you stay fit and healthy.